Get ready for your Balloon Adventure!
Your package consists of a spectacular hot air balloon ride which can lasts around 1 hour in the air (can be shorter or longer depending on the current overall conditions), followed by a traditional champagne toast. You should plan to be with us for about 3-4 hours in total to allow for the travel to a launch location, safety briefing, flight itself as well as the return drive back to our original meeting location / hotel.
Please feel free to bring your camera, selfie stick, video camera, or binoculars as well as a case to protect them during landing.
Before the flight
On the contacts you have provided we will remind you of the flight 1 day ahead. We then send a "Flight status update" which may be provided as late as:
- 14:00 o’clock on the day of your sunset flight, or
- 22:00 o’clock on the day before your sunrise flight.
With the Flight status update, you will also receive the exact pickup time.
Pickup timese differ during the season as they depend on the ever chaniging time of sunrise and sunset. You can see approximate pickup times here. Keep in mind, we will tell you the exact pickup time with the flight confirmation.
For the pickup, please, await our car outside the building.
Ballooning is an outdoor activity, we recommend to dress accordingly (skirts, suits or white clothing is not recommended).
Please make sure to wear solid shoes (no slippers, no high heels please), long pants, light jacket or a sweatshirt.
The temperature in the air is about the same as it is on the ground. It may get colder once you arrive at the launch site or after landing.
Each passenger must be in a good physical condition to participate in a balloon flight.
All passengers must be able to climb in and out of the basket, stand for the entire flight, walk out of a field if necessary and keep in mind there always is a possibility of a rough landing.
We cannot fly any passenger who has had a recent surgery, injuries, hip, back or knee problems, has any health concerns, physical limitations, is/or may be pregnant or has severe auditory restrictions.
Passengers under the influence of alcohol or other substances may not fly.
Children must be a minimum of 100 cm tall and accompanied by an adult.
If you are concerned with health or safety issues, please consult with your physician or call our office to discuss the individual situation.
Enjoy your flight!
- 1BookingFill out our booking form and tell us the date for your balloon flight. Our flights are scheduled daily between April 1 - October 31.
We will get back to you and confirm your booking. As ballooning is weather-dependant, you should choose the very first option you are available to fly and provide a few alternatives. We will do our best to re-schedule you for the next slot if the weather is not OK. However, if we cancel your booking and cannot have you re-scheduled, we will refund any deposit / payment made.
- 2Flight status updateYour flight status is updated according to this schedule:
• 14:00 o’clock on the day of your sunset flight, or
• 22:00 o’clock on the day before your sunrise flight.
With the flight status update, you will also receive the exact pickup time at your hotel. This is dependant on pickups of our other passengers and on the final take-off time, which is decided by your pilot during his flight planning.
- 3Hotel pickup and transfer to the launch siteAt the time stated in your Flight status update, our car will await you in front of your hotel / accommodation. It is labeled with a "Balloon Adventures Prague Balloon Shuttle" sign. Greet the driver, hop in and rest for about 40-60 minutes, until you reach our balloon launch site.
- 4Welcome to the launch site!Your pilot and his team are getting your balloon ready. Did you know it only takes around 20 minutes to get the entire balloon ready to fly?!
Once you arrive, you are welcome to bite on prepared snacks, have water, or sip on a cold beer / coffee. At this time, your pilot gives you instructions for boarding, the flight itself, and landing. He also checks on your current overall condition to make sure everyone is ready for the flight. He has the responsibility over you - he has the last word! Make sure to read our pre-flight instructions so that you are ready!
- 5BALLOON FLIGHTAfter the briefing by your pilot, our team starts the balloon inflation process. It takes around 10 minutes to stand the balloon up. You are welcome to watch, take pictures and enjoy thee scenery.
Once the balloons are up, you will be invited to jump on board.
In the sky we go! The pilot ignites the burners and lifts the balloon off the ground. Hot-air ballooning belongs to the most peaceful and romantic activities one could ever experience. Once airborne you'll be amazed by the silence and infinite space around you. The flight level ranges from the tree-tops all the way up to 5 000 feet above ground. Spot wild animals, wave at locals and take millions of pictures!
- 6Landing timeAfter about 1 hour the pilot searches for the best place to land. You will be instructed to get into a "landing position" and to await further instructions.
The landing is usually soft as if you landed into a blanket. However, it also very much depends on the wind speed. If the wind is stronger, you might experience a little bump, or in rare cases, a short drag-landing. All of the landings are safe, the more wind we have the more fun our passengers actually have at the landing. So no worries!
- 7Champagne toast & Aviators' certificatesOnce landed, your pilot will pull out a bottle of wine, glasses and aviators' certificates. He is also going to tell you a bit about the history of ballooning and why we do toast. You are then welcome to take more pics, watch our team pack the balloon and get ready for the way back.
- 8Transfer back to PragueTime to go. Our drivers will take you back to your hotel, in the opposite order they picked everybody up.
- 9Pictures and memoriesBalloon is spectacular! We are aware of that and so are our pilots. During the flight your pilot takes a few pictures and lets you use the camera to take some for, and of, yourself. He will then download them and send them out to the passengers.
- 10Thank you for flying with us!